Saturday, December 22, 2012

Art Star Awards

For the last day of the 16 week program, I had the students put their names on the artwork I chose for them to put in the End of Year Art Show. We then put our artworks up on the whiteboard, for a little "Art Star" Awards Ceremony.



Everyone quietly came up to the board with their hands behind their back, as to not touch the artwork, and whisper, as if in a gallery. They then wrote a couple of sentences about why they liked a piece of artwork and decorated it to put in the person's portfolio. Some are very thoughtful, well written, beautifully drawn!

My Aunt suggested I try doing this with my classes, as she has done this with her Kinder's and they always have a ball. It also turned out to be a good way to assess how well the students understood the "concepts" learned in each project, and how I could maybe improve teaching them these concepts and vocabulary.